On the heels of LinkedIn’s Top Voices 2020, ALLY, the social community for the energy transition, announces the year’s top voices from across the energy sector.
“The industry that powers all others is filled with exceptional leaders who are introducing new, challenging ideas and sparking important conversations,” says ALLY CEO Katie Mehnert. “The people who made this list have demonstrated a commitment to equity, the environment and the emerging energy economy.”
The Top Energy Voices of 2020 comprise a broad cross-section of the energy community, from C-Suites to the field, from Houston to Silicon Valley, the UK to Africa and the Middle East.
Divided into three categories, the honorees are:
Energy Investment Voices
- The #EFT – Energy Financial Twitter (FinTwit) community
- Hillary H. Holmes – Partner, Gibson Dunn
- Dan Pickering – Founder, Pickering Energy Partners
- Jigar Shah – Clean Energy Investor, Generate Capital
Energy C-Suite Voices
- Reem Al-Ghanim – Head of HR & Support Services, Chemicals, Saudi Aramco
- Gaurdie Banister – Director, Dow and former CEO, Aera Energy
- John Berger – Founder and CEO, Sunnova Energy Corporation
- Paula Glover – President and CEO, American Association of Blacks in Energy and
- incoming President, Alliance to Save Energy
- Paula Gold-Williams – CEO, CPS Energy
- ?shild Larsen – CIO and SVP of IT, Equinor
- Bernard Looney – CEO, BP plc
- Tracy Lothian – SVP LNG, ExxonMobil
- Rhonda Morris – VP and CHRO, Chevron
- David Reid – CTO and CMO, NOV
- Lorenzo Simonelli – Chairman and CEO, Baker Hughes
- Gretchen Watkins – President and Country Chair, Shell US
Energy Sustainability Voices
- Sara Al-Hinai – Field Engineer, Halliburton
- Mervin Azeta – Product & Service Delivery Manager, Schlumberger
- Jeff Bridges – Actor, Activist, Narrator of Living in the Future’s Past and
- Wesley Clark – General (ret.) and Founder, Renew America Together
- Dr. Daniel Kammen – Energy Professor, UC Berkeley and Director of Renewable and
- Appropriate Energy Laboratory (RAEL)
- Melanie Kenderdine – Principal, Energy Futures Initiative
- Charli K. Matthews – Founder & CEO, Empowering Brands
- Deb Ryan – Senior Manager, Engineering, Sproule
- Leslie Shockley Beyer – President, PESA
“I was surprised when LinkedIn overlooked recognizing energy this year. We are a part of every day modern life, and are a critical part of emerging from the pandemic. Equity, environment and economy live on a married index and ALLY is proud to be that community where we welcome more conversation across the sector,” says Mehnert.
To read about these voices, visit here.
Formerly known as Pink Petro, ALLY is the leading social community and resource for the energy workforce focused on powering an equitable energy transition. The community includes niche experts, executives, professionals, students, innovators, and investors where members can publish knowledge, find careers, and connect with reputable sources in energy. Members work in 120 countries in nearly 1000 companies across energy in oil and natural gas, utilities and renewables. For more information, visit ALLY here.